Wednesday 24 August 2016

FlashBack...earth tremors in Nairobi!

A couple of years ago....I was seated at my desk minding my own business

Office was on 5th floor of a building in Westlands....suddenly I felt like I was in a lift that was going down...that inertia that leaves your tummy feeling funny....I looked up and at the same time, my colleague looked up...(open office manenoz) and said....ai...did you feel something?? Suddenly an item on top of the cabinet moved........waaaaaaa panic...........off we went to the other offices....everyone was at the corridor...this was strange....another colleague was standing and had felt nothing.....we all ran downstairs ...with someone shouting *don't* use the lift!!!......the guys in first and  ground floor wondered what we were all about - turns out they felt nothing.



We all ran to the front of the building....the Director was frantic wondering where everyone was (you see we didnt have any drill of where one is to stand once there is an emergency....so we were not all at the front of the building)...she made the call....lets close for the day!

So...silly us....we went back to our desks, shut computers, picked handbags...that kinda stuff....aki...you should have seen her....we were not supposed to do this...she is the only one who walked out with her handbag....so how were we to go home with nothing....

Haki drills are important!!

http://www.panapress.com/Unexplained-tremors-spark-panic-in-Nairobi--13-506412-17-lang2-index.html


My heart goes out to the victimes of earthquake in Italy last night...I cant even imagine how that feels!!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37171953

No comments:

Post a Comment