Wednesday 3 August 2016

Schools Out!!

Today many schools are closing for the holidays

My kids are over the moon….the instructions are that there is gonna be a party so please dress your child up in party clothes! This we dutifully did …complete with coloured nails for effect…tihihihi

Flashback to my own closing day in primary boarding school….undoubtedly this was my BEST day in school. I did not mind all the hard work washing and scrubbing the desks..chairs…classrooms, and dormitories…the image of all things hanging out to dry is still so vivid in my mind…..the idea was so that we leave them clean before we take the break! I wondered why we just didn’t do this when we opened so that we don’t get dusty desks and rooms??

Next event was to confirm that we (my sis and i) are on the list for those heading out by train to Nairobi…aii glorious days!! I looked forward to this day from the moment I entered the gates for a new term (clearly I didn’t like the school much)….but that was life, and I had been dealt with this primary school so I had to deal with it

 


Times have changed for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment