Wednesday 10 August 2016

Plus size challenges..

Nairobi is cold....very cold!!

So I decided....mmm....nows about a good time to get me a pair of knee high boots

I checked online shops...to determine the price...and yes, they are available...for my kind of foot.....the price is steep - upwards of 14k....I toy with the idea of sending a friend who is going to the US soon...but....mmmhh....she has a busy schedule so sitaki to be dissapointed when she comes back with a very expensive pair that she just had to buy from duty free since she didnt have time....I know that feeling...

Next option is second hand shoe shops....the ones along Bus Station have wide variety....and what do you know....the first place i went i found them..just hanging there waiting for me and my big foot...and the exact type i wanted....and they fit me like a glove!!! I was excited......but wait....madam ebu we zip it up....zilch.....try again....no luck......the zip could not pass by mazgwembe!!!!! I was mortified....thats when it hit me (again)....girl you have a BIG LEG!!!!!

Woi....the guy didn't even laugh.....he told me, madam wait i go to another shop and get you the one that will fit perfectly...(meaning, fit my shin/calf??? ) and sure enough, he got me one that folds so does not have to fit straight.

I happy!!



#keepwarm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment