Tuesday 23 August 2016

Olympics 2016!

The 2016 Olympics wrapped up last Sunday



This time I really didnt get to watch it much....just the highlights when I already know the results

For the opening ceremony, I got the timing wronggg...thought it was 11pm....sat up late with the kids until my sister wrote me and said, by the way the opening ceremony is at 2am...well thats too late for me so off I went to bed

Next morning I woke up to the exciting news that the first Olympia Laurel Distinction was given to our very own Kipchoge Keino....I searched instagram and twitter for updates so that i could like, forward etc...but nothing from the agencies I expected!! So the entire team that went to Brazil didnt have a communications person that could be updating us? I think David Rudishas team did a splendid job on the updates! They were personal and with great shots to boot!!

http://www.brandediq.com/kipchoge-keino-to-receive-olympic-laurel-distinction-in-rio/

Despite the embarrassment that we caused ourselves n the organising of our representation to the games, the atheletes outdid themselves and made us proud with 13 medals...6 gold, 6 silver and 1 bronze...well done #TeamKenya!



Clearly a lot needs to be done...alot of blame games are already being played....lets see how this pans out..

http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/Opinion/the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-of-kenya-rio-olympics/440808-3352124-4oy4do/index.html

https://www.kenyans.co.ke/news/shocking-details-dp-rutos-trip-rio-olympics-revealed

Me thinks that its easy to get people to pay back.....just get the list of travellers, have each justify their presence and surcharge them....make some heads roll on this one!!!


Meanwhile, sportsmen and women better just prepare themselves for next Olympics...Yego Style ...unfortunate, but true! and then we blame them for moving to Bahrain??? we had better style up!

Tokyo 2020 - here we come?



No comments:

Post a Comment