Tuesday 23 August 2016

Sea Food...different...

Am not really one to try out new tastes...I really fear a soft tummy!!

So anyways, some 6 years ago, we ganged up old gals from high school and took off to Malindi..I had never been to Malindi before, so this was exciting for me...the kids were small....so didnt bother tagging them along

On one of the afternoons, we took a boat ride and the tour guides came along with shrimp...I think that was shrimp....and once we had parked...or is it docked....they lit a fire and roasted it right there!! Imagine that!!!  The ones who knew what to do with it showed the novices like us how this weird looking formerly pink delicacy should be eaten...mmmm...new taste...

Again, we were deep into the waters (ok, not too far, but heck we were in the ocean) and I was not about to have a you-know-what situation, and clearly the humble boat had no such 'facilities'. Lets just say I didnt have much of the roasted feast :)



Fast forward to 2015 and I go for dinner at the Ocean Basket....again, I had never heard of the place before and was pleasantly surprised at the concept....entire menu from the sea....gerrit??....from the ocean basket :)

I was not too sure at first, but after seeing people munching away, I decided to give in ...I mean...I was on safe ground....whats the worst that can happen??....so I tried a lot of different types of sea food that I had never eaten or seen before!! from sushi to other things I dont even know their names....BUT they did have interesting taste I must say

And my tummy behaved!!

Wonder if my peeps at home would love this experience.....mmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment