Thursday 4 August 2016

Oh Vista!

You can have an item for so long that it literally becomes a member of the family!!

Today we sold the Vista...been more than 8 years with us (my sis kept saying SELL IT, SELL IT!!!)

So, we found a buyer and gave it up - turns out the guy also had a vista and loved it, but it rolled, so he was looking for the exact same car as a replacement, luck was on our side, since he knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a mechanic, who knew my bro, who....anyways, we go connected and exchanged vista for mulla... :( :) :( :) :)

Been trying to sell it since January but no luck - and the way they say Toyota is easy to sell!! Maybe we didnt try hard enough???

Anyways, I remember when we got her (its a girl, tihihihi)

It was in late 2007 and we needed a more spacious car....so off  I went to the Ngong road to check out the many car bazaars.....the first one i went into....was right opposite the matatu stage and I guess the salesman saw me walking in and i kid you not, gave me a once over, and basically paid little attention to me...and the way I was a serious buyer.....pana dharau watu jameni.............so I moved on to the next bazaar and an eager very young sales lady showed me around. When i told her i wanted a spacious family car, she told me, eh...let me show you one that came in yesterday...and sure enough it was a Vista....and I was sold!!! I loved it.....me, its about how it looks....engine manenos achia wengine....hehehehehe.

And what do you know, its first major mission in January 2008 was to ferry an expectant mother to hospital to get baby!! Imagine that :)



Goodbye Vista, hope you make some other people happy!!

PS This happened so fast, didnt remember to tell the kids....when I mentioned it, they said....woiyeee we didnt get a chance to say Goodbye!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment