Wednesday 25 May 2016

The sound of hope & possibility

At one point, I grew up in an estate in Langata and it was right next to Malezi School....In the early morning of a new term, you could hear the lil ones crying since they missed home...and this was a new place for them. With time they settled in and now all you could here was nursery rhymes being recited over and over and over again.

The one incident that makes me laugh till today is when they used to sing......Oh Mwana Mberi, Oh Mwana Mberi..... a popular Luhya song in praise of first borns...but they sang it so slowly that my mum was like...eish...these kids are singing the song as if they are drunkards!!! LOL

Now I stay near a school and I love the sound of children singing in the background and children laughing and screaming with glee during breaks...I really admire teachers and how they can mold children from blank slates to what we know them to be!!!

Am reminded of this today...coincidentally at work, am also next to a school and these sounds fill the air all the time....the sounds of hope & infinite possibilities...


God bless our lil children!

No comments:

Post a Comment