Tuesday 17 May 2016

Car trouble..

One of the things I fear most is car trouble!!

From the simple one of early morning, when you are ready to go and boom, flat tyre ....to the more complex problems where the dash board has turned red because everything seems to be wrong!!

I once packed my sisters and their kids into the car and we were to head off to see Giraffes and of course having this loud conversations as we usually do, so am not really noticing that something is a miss with the car. Shortly, the car just stops!! It agrees to start and i move it to the side of the road and by this time we are already in Karen.....seems to be smoking from the front and so we agree, lets go to Hardy police area since there is a petrol station there.....by the time we got to Hardy the car swayed and for sure stopped. When the mechanic opened the bonnet, one pipe was off....yaani the car was thirsty like a nonsense! silly me had totally forgotten to check coolant!! and that's where the problem with that car started!! it became so sensitive, I would rather use public means!!

Another time, am driving calmly along statehouse rd, and the front park starts smoking!! clear smoke....surely the car has just come from the garage!! and so i call the mechanic and he says,  if the indicator for engine heating up is not on, then ni sawa tuu, hiyo gari can still move...am like, ehh? me, still drive a smoking car, ebu come and pick it! i slowly drove it to the nearest petrol station and he sent his mechanic....and the guy is like hii gari iko sawa....told him chukua tuu...mm nimeenda home...leta kesho kama haina moshi!!



ION - don't you just appreciate those mechanics who come and pick the car from you, change what needs to be done and bring back with invoice....I had one like that for a couple of months until funny dude conned me by not replacing a part and invoicing me for it!! The car had the same problem and I sort second opinion and the guy tells me you need to replace XYZ and I say, I did that last week...and he tells me nope, its an old one!!

If only mechanics knew that honesty is the best policy, hiyo biashara can boom esp with ladies, who am sure, many are like me, who would rather do something else, than watch a car being repaired!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment