Monday 23 May 2016

Mater Heart Run 2016...great cause of support!

May rolled in and of course we simply had to take part in the Mater Heart Run...this is a must for our house :) If there is one cause I support whole heartedly its this one....that a child can get a much needed asssistance so that they can enjoy their childhood even more and grow into healthy adulthood!

I have been taking part in this walk for a long time...but the earliest photo I could find was for 2009...in 2010, my nephew and son also took part for the first time and boy, weren't they tired!! in 2013, my daughter took part and I had to enlist help so that she can be carried should she give up...and for sure we took turns to carry her. In 2015, I didn't take part, but kids went for it (no photo :( ).




So in 2016, when the two days before the walk was raining like its been sent by sijui what,...I almost gave up on it, don't wish to be rained on with no place to shelter. By mid morning, the sun was out on the Friday before the walk/run so I dashed to Nakumatt Junction and got me 4 T-shirts. That evening, an idea hit me as I was looking at the route, that we can actually make it more fun, by taking part in the walk in Machakos instead....not far from Nairobi and not as hilly (that upper hill stretch kills me!!)

So early Saturday, off  we went to Machakos...we were there at 7.30am...kumbe the walk starts at 8am as per the program...so we took some snacks and waited patiently. Lots of school children!! and the Guest of Honour acknowledged that 50% of the contributions normally comes from school children..so nice!! Finally 10am we set off, and the looming dark clouds had cleared...the walked seemed so long,....but worth it



Finally we were done and off we went to Machakos Peoples park for some lunch...hubby even tried some zip lining (to the amazement of the kids!!)



Well done Mater!! May you always extend the heart of mercy to lil ones!!

No comments:

Post a Comment