Tuesday 22 March 2016

Brussels!!

Oh my!!!

Its a nice Tuesday morning....and am hit with the news that Brussels is under attack! when will this end?? we have suffered in the hands of terrorists and they seem to get people when they least expect. When a developed nation such as Belgium is attacked, I shudder to think how exposed we are given the laxity in security that is so obvious around us....

Reminds me of that dark day in 1998 when there was a bomb blast in Nairobi. I was hustling at a place near Biashara st when we heard the loud bang and saw smoke coming from the other side of town....from the window we guessed that KenCom had caught fire....and silly me I actually walked towards that direction!!! As I approached KenCom I realised the blast came from further down so I walked on....on reaching Harambee avenue, many people were walking / running in the opposite direction and I sensed that it may not be good to go too clsoe after all and so i went on home!! I empathise with the innocent persons and families that have suffered under terrorists.....this simply has to stop!!!

But how????

No comments:

Post a Comment