Wednesday 6 April 2016

Filling the mind...

I recently decided that I need to fill my mind with different ideas that would of course, enrich my thinking

So I have placed a reminder on my phone for the Sisterhood series that happens every 1st Tuesday of the month and conveniently at All Saints - very central!!

April 5th found me seated in the auditorium listening to Hellen Mtawali - never heard her live before!! waaaa what a voice!! very gifted that one!!

The topic of the day was Mother-Daughter relationships - sounded interesting for me so, and I must say it was not a waste of my time, and thankfully I didnt give up given the pouring rain. The presenter was the author of the book  - Celebrating Friendships among Women  - Margery Kabuya - very interesting talk!

My take home was the need to articulate (NGO-ese language tihihihi)
the values that you want respected in the home - the negotiables and the non negotiables. Action for me was that I will rally all to have a prayer for #TeamSamson so that the kids know and internalise that values like respect, honour, faith, honesty etc are important in our home

#inspired!

Katika ile hali ya 'fill your mind with those things that are good and deserve praise' Phillipians 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment