Saturday 23 July 2016

Comedy Nite!


So the other day my sister was in town and we thought, mmmm long time since we watched Churchill Live, so why not….off we trooped to Carnivore for a good laugh

We laughed alright….the new acts were funny…..and we laughed hard!!

BUT what was disturbing was the way in which MC Jessy ‘enjoyed’ the visiting South African musician. And she even sensed it and kept saying that I don’t believe what you are telling me! That was in bad taste! I was embarrassed to even watch it unfold…..waaaaaaaaaaaaa…… The audience was laughing at her!!! Adding salt to injury, he made very inappropriate comments to a lady clad in a hijab, it was uncalled for and utterly immature of him!! I was so annoyed!!! Eish!!! 

Other than that very strange episode I came to a REALISATION! I have outgrown these ‘tribal’ stereotypical jokes. They can’t even get a smile from me!! I know it takes a lot to prepare to  entertain people and I can only imagine what it takes to prepare for Thursday comedy…and I also know  that our wonderful cultural differences make for rich fodder/ material for comedy..... but it’s no longer for me! I need a different brand of comedy!!

SO I enjoyed the ones for situations like the one beautifully crafted by MCA Tricky…regarding visit to Parliament! That was hilarious and of course the young man with his string instrument and eerily seems like its talking!! Talent, raw and refreshing
 
 Cheers to laughter always, its indeed the best dawa!

No comments:

Post a Comment