Monday 11 September 2023

Ground Zero....visit in 2019

 9/11/2001

I entered a restaurant in Nairobi briefly at around 4pm

The TV was muted and I could not read the sub headings

No one was really paying attention to the screen...

I just saw the plane crashing into the Twin Towers and I honestly thought it was a movie or something like that

I went home and reached around 7pm

Put on the TV and woahhhhhhhh...thats when the news hit me!!

What a terrible and sad turn of events..nearly 3000 souls lost their lives..waaa...and incidentally I had been to a restaurant at the Twin Towers just the year before while on a learning visit to NYC

Fast forward to October 2019 and am back to the spot where the Twin Towers were...and amazed at how they have transformed the place. 

For sure resources make you more resilient!









1 comment: