Wednesday 10 March 2021

Series of firsts > First time having dreadlocks




i first had dreadlocks fixed sometime in 2005 I think

it was just on a whim

no actually it wasn't a whim

i remember now

some lady when i was growing up

had a bad reaction to a perm chemical

and so i knew when i wanted to have a baby

that perming my hair would not be possible

plus 

i knew i didn't really like the long hours in the salon

and especially under a drier

anyways, went to some barber in town

and he fixed them

my oh my

the first years are tough

every time back to the barber shop

and the hair is washed

its back to an afro!

anyways, finally the locks locked

and began my journey

i stayed with them till January 2013 and just chopped them off!

the barber was so mad at me

he took my action personally

since i didn't consult him

LOL

anyways, my hair is all natural

i think i will grow locks again!

here is to a new hairstyle for 2021

3 comments: