Friday 2 December 2016

REPOST....and now we are 8!

#REPOST Dec 2, 2010

My dearest Raha

Today you turn 2!

 At exactly 9.09pm two years ago I was very glad to have a girl…no one believes that curious me didn’t know I was expecting a girl…but that’s the truth, I wanted it to be a surprise…and what a lovely surprise it was! I must admit your Daddy was sure the baby was gonna be a girl while your aunty was convinced I was carrying a boy since the expected weight was 4kg….The experience of having your brother left me saying one kid is enough for me but later we realized it’s very easy to spoil one child and so decided to have another one….then we can balance out the tough love that needs to be given out once in a while.
I always knew for the longest time that should I ever be blessed with a girl her name would definitely be Raha (I was later told it also means abundance in Amharic)

Its just two years and your growing vocabulary amazes us every day;  and how you already have a definite opinion on what you are to wear – I honestly thought I would a few more years of my views on wardrobe reigning supreme…but I was wrong….

Of course Raha you have greatly benefited by being a second child – the way your brother and cousin treat you like a princess….and your parents can now claim not be so naïve about matters children… oh my, we rushed your brother to hospital at every sneeze and later realized its not the best way…so you can imagine our surprise when the government released a whole list of medicines that they claimed were not the best for children and we knew most of them!! But I digress; such lessons are what life is made of…….
My sweet,

May the Lord bless you, and keep you;May the Lord make His face shine on you,And be gracious to you;May He lift up His countenance upon you,And give you peace

 …and may you grow up to be the fiery little Ms Independent that you already are…
Happy birthday Raha!!

 Love and Kisses
Your Mummy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment